Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed browser linux 501 on my old compaq presario v5000 and it has a bad battery so sometimes when the charger comes unplugged and i dont notice it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Browser linux (based of puppy)

I have installed browser linux 501 on my old compaq presario v5000 and it has a bad battery so sometimes when the charger comes unplugged and i dont notice it will die and when i turn it back on it starts to boot like normal but i get logged into a text mode that isnt quite bash shell and i am logged in as tty1 i believe so i just reinstall the OS but i dont want to do that does anyone know what i can do to prevent this or fix this at the shell screen i get?

I'm not entirely sure why you're getting booted to a console, but if it's going to tty1 you could try hitting Ctrl + Alt + F7 to go to your GUI.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

ok thanks a lot ill try that next time! i like your gun slinger avatar btw

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    that combo of buttons didnt work when i got the console screen

Linux Guru
    Code:
    xwin jwm
    is the start command in puppy linux for typical desktop start from command line instead of startx like in regular linux distros.

Problem starting Lucid Puppy. Lucid Puppy (Lupu) will boot to a graphical screen in almost all cases and from that screen you can make adjustments if they are needed or wanted. If it does not boot to a graphical screen, it might boot to a “prompt.” If that happens please enter ‘xorgwizard’ and then enter it again ‘xorgwizard’, which will allow you to configure Lucid Puppy. If it does not boot to a prompt but a black screen, then you should reboot the CD and enter ‘puppy pfix=nox’, in the space that asks for any boot options. Then at the prompt enter ‘xorgwizard’ twice. Code:
    # xorgwizard
    At thge xorgwizard gui I usually pick vesa button then the test button as the driver or xorg button then the test button before running xwin jwm.

Lupu News