Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have rebuilt my computer with new mobo, memory but using an old sata harddrive. I can`t install Zorin as it doesn`t see my harddrive. How do I make Zorin ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to use sata in Zorin

I have rebuilt my computer with new mobo, memory but using an old sata harddrive. I can`t install Zorin as it doesn`t see my harddrive. How do I make Zorin see my harddrive? I can use it as a live distro but want to install it. What commands or whatever do I need to make that happen? Thanks. It is an AMD mobo.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What version are you using? Also, you might want to check your BIOS configuration to be sure that you aren't making the drive appear to be an IDE drive instead of Sata. Have you tried another distribution (Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, etc) to see if they have similar issues?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    If the drive has been automatically mounted, the installer may not see it. In such a case, using the file manager or terminal to unmount the drive before running the installer will fix it.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!