Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently (thanks to help here) installed DSL and have it running via VirtualBox Now, when I open my DSL window, and move my mouse over the window, the mouse ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mouse not appearing in DSL

I recently (thanks to help here) installed DSL and have it running via VirtualBox

Now, when I open my DSL window, and move my mouse over the window, the mouse disappears! At the bottom right side of the window I see an icon of a mouse with a green arrow and, when clicked, the words Disable mouse integration in a very light grey colour, which I can not select.

I also installed Ubuntu and opened that(also ran through VB) and the same thing with the mouse disappearing happens. Again, I see an icon of a mouse with a green arrow and this time when i click it, i can highlight disable mouse integration, and voila my mouse is back!

But I can't seem to find my mouse on the DSL window.
    The only reason I care about the DSL one, is cos I'm doing a small Linux course online, and DSL is the Linux system they use.

Any help would be great thanks

Linux Guru
    Usually hitting the Right Ctrl key will get the mouse in VBox. DSL hasn't been maintained for 3-4 years so???

Just Joined!
    Aye, then when I click 'capture' nothing changes. Literally nothing :/

'DSL hasn't been maintained for 3-4 years so???' What does this mean ?

'DSL hasn't been maintained for 3-4 years so???' What does this mean ?
    I'll try to answer that in my crude way. DSL uses a ancient 2.4 Linux kernel for starters. Libraries for applications are ancient also as well as the browser. Ancient kernel=less hardware support (like your mouse) hence maybe

the words Disable mouse integration in a very light grey colour, which I can not select.

I also installed Ubuntu and opened that(also ran through VB) and the same thing with the mouse disappearing happens. Again, I see an icon of a mouse with a green arrow and this time when i click it, i can highlight disable mouse integration, and voila my mouse is back!
    Because Ubuntu uses a newer kernel and libraries than DSL does.

DSL has been a dead Linux distro for some time now. The currently maintained version of DSL is actually called Tiny core Linux. It uses a newer Linux kernel and the developer there was a developer for DSL that had a falling out with original DSL developer. No one is actively keeping DSL up to date with 2012 linux libraries. Hence the term "Unmaintained"

Like I said. Just my crude way of defining something.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home