Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to connect to the internet ,Since I got a new wireless router my other computer won't connect to the internet . I go to setup/net setup/netcard config It ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need DSL question answered

I'm trying to connect to the internet ,Since I got a new wireless router my other computer won't connect to the internet . I go to setup/net setup/netcard config It asks me for interface, etho is written there, it asks for IP (iguess it wants the address) I don't have it, it asks for network mask and 255.255.255.0 is written in, Then it asks for broadcast and I don't know what that is. it asks for gateway and my provider said it was 192.168.254.0 then it asks for name server and 166.102.165.11 and 166.102.165.13 is written in there and my provider gave me a secondary address of 207.91.5.20 and 207.91.5.252. My provider wasn't very helpful. can someone here tell me the rest of these addresses or tell me how to get them.

Linux Guru
    etho is written there
    That is your wired connection and it is eth0 (a zero not a letter o). There is a link here at the forums for wireless. Go to the link below and read through it and run the commands or copy and run the WirelessSetup script on that page. Copy it to a text file and make it executable (chmod 755 WirelessSetup) and post the output here.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wir...tart-here.html

Just Joined!
    It is connected by wire to a old computer that has the DSL in it, it's from a wireless router but it is hardwired

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    It is connected by wire to a old computer that has the DSL in it, it's from a wireless router but it is hardwired
    Not clear what you mean by the above? Do you have a onboard wireless or a wireless card in the computer which can not connect?
    And, you are then unable to connect to the wireless router?

If wireless is detected, you should see output from the ifconfig command showing wlan0 or perhaps ath0 indicating wireless.

Since you didn't post any output from the commands in the link in my last post, does that mean you have resolved this issue?

Just Joined!
    The old computer doesn't have a wireless card, it is hard wired to a wireless router(it's plugged into it) The wireless router comment I made was to explain that the old computer stopped picking up the internet when I changed routers. The problem I'm having is with a old computer that is wired(connected) to the Router. Your explanation seemd to be for a wireless conection which I don't have. I appreciate the help.

Just Joined!
    In my netcardconf it gave me the option, dhcp broadcast yes or no, when i put it on yes the internet started working ,the homepage comes up and i can only see 2/3 of it. the whole right side I have to scroll to. Is there a way to make the print size smaller . it is on the highest resolution.

Linux Guru
    I just read over your posts again and noted that you never mentioned which distribution you are using. There are over 500 Linux distributions and the way things are accomplished will vary to some degree so it is always useful to post that information with any question. I don't know the answer to your last question but I think you would be better off starting a new thread for it since it is unrelated to the original question and people who might know the answer may not see the post.

When you say homepage, are you meaning the Desktop?