Find the answer to your Linux question:
I would like to install a version of Puppy linux onto my hard drive but I do not know if I have the right disk for that since it is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Can Puppy Linux 5.2.8 be installed onto my hard drive?

I would like to install a version of Puppy linux onto my hard drive but I do not know if I have the right disk for that since it is only a CD.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Linux Guru
    I'm not sure I understand the problem? You downloaded the Puppy iso, burned it as an image to a CD, correct? Puppy will easily fit on a CD as it is only about 130MB. When you boot the Puppy CD, click on the Menu button in the lower left, go up to Setup and over and down to Puppy Universal Installer. I'm really not sure if that is your question or if it is something else?

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    I would like to install a version of Puppy linux onto my hard drive but I do not know if I have the right disk for that since it is only a CD.

PuppyLinux: How to Create a Full Installation on an Internal Hard Disk Drive (H.D.D.)

Use the Wellminded search in case of confusion.

Puppy Google Search
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    OP: you do not need any special version of puppy to do this, just install it where you want as the prior responder indicated.

It wouldn't hurt to read the docs that cover this info. I'd make puppylinux.com/install.htm a link but apparently I don't have enough heat yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fratermus View Post
    OP: you do not need any special version of puppy to do this, just install it where you want as the prior responder indicated.

It wouldn't hurt to read the docs that cover this info. I'd make puppylinux.com/install.htm a link but apparently I don't have enough heat yet.
    Not sure what link you wanted to post so shotgun link below.

Link
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    Not sure what link you wanted to post....
    "I'd make puppylinux.com/install.htm a link but apparently I don't have enough heat yet."

Well I went and bought an 8GB flash drive to hold Puppy Linux into but when I rebooted my
    computer with the Puppy CD in the drive I got an error about a kernel mismatch! OY!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!