Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
I have been prevented from installing my NVIDIA graphics driver using the Puppy linux terminal. I get the following: verifying archive integrity...error in check sums 3470138885 411662432 Does anyone know ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Puppy Linux ...error in check sums 3470138885 411662432

I have been prevented from installing my NVIDIA graphics driver using the Puppy linux terminal. I get the following:

verifying archive integrity...error in check sums 3470138885

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Trusted Penguin
    how did you d/l the NVidia driver binary? Do you have a link to it? Try using wget in a terminal, e.g.:

Code:
    wget http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/304.43/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-304.43.run
    also, is the file system where you are trying to d/l out of disk space, by any chance?

For a Geforce 6200 graphics card
    NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7664-pkg1.run
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Knowing that you are using dial up networking, you more than likely just have a bad download. Dial up is famous for this beacuse it's so slow. I would suggest that you Re-download and try again.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

What I did was to delete every Nvidia file and start over. I refused to download 8 hours of Java so that Nvidia could " probe " my computer. I searched and found the nvidia archive at:
    Linux Display Driver Archive

I found the " nvidia download agreement " extremely distasteful but I already have the driver installed into my computer so I downloaded NVIDIA-Linux-x86-295.75.run
    but each time I tried to install it I was told I needed to add things.

One at a time I was prompted to install glibc, then idconfig, then binutils, and then ld which required me to submit an email address.

That was as many hurdles as I could stand, so my puppy linux will never be on my monitor at 1280 x 1024. The installed puppy nvidia resolutions are way off but I'll have to put up with them!!
    Linux user # 414321

Lucky, I don't know what your local libraries policies are for downloading and copying files, but many libraries now have computers available that are high speed internet connected. Could you go to your local library and download the files you need to a usb drive? It might beat an 8 hour download on a dial up.
    Registered Linux user #526930

The local libraries only allow a person one hour per day on their computers. I would have to go to a place loke Kinko's and spend a fortune on per minute on line computer fees. A friend has agreed to send me a disk containing wvdial and gnome ppp for my distros without any dial up configuration.
    Linux user # 414321

Trusted Penguin
    what about wifi hotspots in your area? if you have a laptop, smartphone, etc., w/wireless, you could always go there to d/l stuff in the future, as long as it is not an entire ISO.

for example, here's what the website hotspotr.com says about NYC:

near new york city wifi cafes & hotspots map
    MikeTbob likes this.

I Am Gadgetless!

Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    what about wifi hotspots in your area? if you have a laptop, smartphone, etc., w/wireless, you could always go there to d/l stuff in the future, as long as it is not an entire ISO.

for example, here's what the website hotspotr.com says about NYC:

near new york city wifi cafes & hotspots map
    No laptop, smartphone, kiddle, etc.

I'm 68 years old and use a cane to walk; this is new york city where even young people get mugged for their gadgets!!
    Linux user # 414321

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast