Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can't connect to internet. lsmod shows prism2_usb. Lsusb shows usb adapter. Connect shows connection but there is no connection. What do you think is wrong? Also, I tried Ubuntu 10.4 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linksys wusb11v2.5 in Puppy Linux v 2.5

Can't connect to internet. lsmod shows prism2_usb. Lsusb shows usb adapter. Connect shows connection but there is no connection. What do you think is wrong?

Also, I tried Ubuntu 10.4 with same adapter and got similar results, except Ubuntu calls the adapter an ethernet device, and does not recognize it as wireless. I doesn't connect. Help. Tony p.s. the adapter works fine in windows XP.

Found this on the ubuntu site: The prism2_* drivers for the Prism II chipset (1) are developed by the linux-wlan (tm) Project. Unfortunately they are not actively developed (2) and have not been merged into the main kernel tree. Only a few Linux Wireless Extensions are supported, but recent versions can be used with for instance NetworkManager. The Ubuntu kernel includes the prism2_* kernel modules from the linux-wlan project. The linux-wlan-ng package in Ubuntu ships the linux-wlan-ng user space utilities/scripts that integrates with the ifupdown utilities. This works fine with the Gnome network configuration network-admin (3) as well. Since Ubuntu 8.04, the driver works out of the box without installing any packages and the linux-wlan-ng package is only needed if you use the firmware RAM loading for "updating" firmware on-the-fly.

(1) For more information on the Prism II cards, see The devices, the drivers

(2) http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermai...st/000095.html

(3) For related bugs, see the linux-wlan-ng package in launchpad.

Also see if this link helps. linux-wlan-ng - Debian Wiki
    or Linux Kernel Driver DataBase: CONFIG_PRISM2_USB: Prism2.5 USB driver
    Registered Linux user #526930