Results 1 to 3 of 3
has anyone tried fortress linux? i think i saw a post on here before saying how barebones their website is. i agree with that. i was disappointed to see they ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 10-12-2012 #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
- 10-15-2012 #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
Hi. I didn't ever try this distro. What do you mean by "secure as a fort" ? What kind of safety are you waiting for ? And what are your compatible concern about ?
- 10-16-2012 #3disappointed to see they have three versions, now i don't know which one i would use.
Fortress Linux is designed for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) computers. Its kernel and the included software are fully customizable to your needs and can be automatically adjusted to your computer hardware during installation what results into a high performing, stable, compact and energy-efficient operating system.
Heck. I even run versions of Puppy Linux, (which run as root user). If I get compromised. Delete personal save file. Install back up save file. Off to the races again for me.
* The Fortress Linux operating system | Protect your data, privacy and freedom
File and harddisk encryption
• Default encryption software and methods exceed most 'Military grade encryption' and can be combined for extreme encryption levels.
• Default encryption ciphers: AES (Rijndael), Serpert and Truecrypt
• Pre-boot, single and multi-factor authorization
• Deniable encryption, hidden containers and key strengthening
• Watermarking, side-channel, brute force and dictionary cracking protection
• Additional file and disk encryption features are included the Fortress Key
* The Fortress Key | Protect your data, privacy and freedom.
Give it a spin and tell us all about it. Like
Booting Fortress SBE (Page 1) / Fortress Linux SBE / Fortress Linux Support Forum
or maybe not So secure you cannot even download it.