Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have no idea where to put this question, apologize if this is a wrong section Anyways, I just got IPTV, it goes trough router to set top box to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mounting NFS Share on TV.

I have no idea where to put this question, apologize if this is a wrong section

Anyways, I just got IPTV, it goes trough router to set top box to TV. For some reason this box only allows the mounting of NFS shares. Problem is I have no clue how they work and I'd prefer to use samba or Hanewin or w/e to make a share on windows, so assuming I have created a share whose path is D:\\Movies in one of those programs what path would I need to type in TV?

Linux Newbie
    You don't tell what system you're using for storing your movies you want to access. First, if this file server is under Windows, you're doomed. Move all your stuff to a Linux box ASAP. Second, if your file server is running Linux, well done. All you need to do is :
    -install the NFS kernel server if it's not already done. For Ubuntu, the command is
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install nfs-kernel-server
    -declare your share by editing your exports file
    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/exports
    /path_to_your_share *(rw)
    -restart nfs

If, for some reason, you want to stay on Windows, you may download "microsoft services for Unix" and RTFM.
    And for God's sake, DON'T USE SAMBA to share files between Non-M$ boxes.

Now, why does you TV only accept NFS shares ? The reason is trivial. It's based on free softwares, and using a M$ copyrighted technology is not free, nor like in free beer, nor like in free speech.