Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI everybody I'm having a bit of trouble with FSL actually it should be allready installed in my computer because I asked a technician in my lab to do so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problem to install FSL on linux centos 6.3

HI everybody

I'm having a bit of trouble with FSL actually it should be allready installed in my computer because I asked a technician in my lab to do so but when I write fsl on the terminal I get this message: You need to set the FSLDIR environment variable to point to the FSL installation directory before you can run anything.

I know should be a routine stuff to do but I'm new on linux and I don't have idea were to start.

Thanks for your help,

Mauro.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by oruammattia View Post
    HI everybody
    Hello and welcome!

I'm having a bit of trouble with FSL actually it should be allready installed in my computer because I asked a technician in my lab to do so but when I write fsl on the terminal I get this message: You need to set the FSLDIR environment variable to point to the FSL installation directory before you can run anything.
    Your tech should have done the FSLDIR bit for you, odd that he didn't. See the instructions here:

http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fsl-4.1.9/fsl/linux.html

It is fairly straight-forward. You just need to set that env var in your /.bashrc (or similar file). You have to point it to where the package was installed, though, so you'll either need to look for it (try /usr/local for starters) or ask your tech.

If you still have trouble, post back - we'll help!