Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, This is Kevin, I'm working with minicom to get communication working. I'm communicating between 2 serial ports (regular serial and a virtual serial port (from serial to usb converter) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

minicom only send out message after I closed it

Hello,

This is Kevin, I'm working with minicom to get communication working. I'm communicating between 2 serial ports (regular serial and a virtual serial port (from serial to usb converter) with minicom on both ends. I'm able to send messages from the serial port to the virtual serial port's minicom without problem. But when I'm trying to send from the virtual serial port to the serial port, it seems like it doesn't send anything out until I close the session of minicom of the virtual serial port. Any thought?

I've worked with serial ports a lot for machine communications in windows (using teraterm instead of minicom here) or writing scripts. But in linux, I'm not that familiar with minicom. If someone can shed some light here, I'd be very grateful!

I'm currently using raspberryPi in Raspbian if this matters.

Kevin C

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    It may be a configuration issue with minicom itself - it should send data when you press the Enter key (CR or LF). However, different virtual machine managers behave differently. Which one are you using?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!