Find the answer to your Linux question:
Have xpud on usb - boots on Gateway desktop and Sony vaio laptop -- neither loads will connect to internet - help asked for and thanks in advance papa50...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Help with XPUD

Have xpud on usb - boots on Gateway desktop and Sony vaio laptop -- neither loads will connect to internet - help asked for and thanks in advance papa50

Hello and Welcome.
    It might be a good idea to tell people what you have tried and what has failed. Which Desktop are you using? I've not heard of Xpud so I haven't a clue. Where is the booting stopping at?

System specs could be useful also. The more info the more likely you are to get help.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Mike, thanks for the reply --- The desktop is a gateway GT5670 -- The boot is a success and all four tabs are functioning -- when firefox is opened it does not connect to internet -- tried manual connecting by selecting DHCP (I believe that's correct) but system does not go on line -- papa50

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Issue 43 - xpud - Wired Net Issue - xPUD is a fast booting small Linux consists web browser, media player and easy-to-use interface - Google Project Hosting

Open a terminal I guess. Post the output of the terminal command I will give you, and copy and paste what terminal spits out in a text editor, (whatever xpud uses), copy it to usb in xpud. Plug the usb into the computer you are posting from. Copy and paste the text doc readout inbetween code tags in your next post

I googled xpud. Binary comaptible with Fedora and Ubuntu huh. Strange to me but that is nothing new to this uneducated biker. Anyhows. Here is the command. Copy and paste it into a terminal and lets see what xpud spits out.

Code:
    sudo echo uname: && uname -a -m -p && echo lspci: && lspci && echo lsusb: && lsusb && echo lsmod: && lsmod && echo ifconfig: && ifconfig && echo ifconfig -a: && ifconfig -a && echo iwconfig: && iwconfig && echo resolv.conf: && cat /etc/resolv.conf && echo route: && route -n
    Hit enter and copy and paste readout into text editor like I mentioned earlier.

also

Code:
    sudo ip addr show
    also

Code:
    sudo ip link show
    In case you need to open and post the text file and you are using Windows right now

EditPad Lite - Free Text Editor for Windows

By the way. To make learning Linux easier for you. In Xpud make a new text document. Any commands we teach you you should put in that document. Name it something Like Useful Commands.

Save it for reference later, For the commands I gave. Give it a title inside the text file to describe what they do like

#######Wireless and Wired info commands########

It'll save you some time later on.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about Xpud but hopefully Linux is Linux.

Roky. I hope you don't mind but I undeleted your post. It's still relevant and you spent a bit of time on it. PM any admin if you still wish to delete it also I think you may delete it again if you want.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Roky--- Greetings to you in PecosTx from a displanted LaredoTexan -- thanks for the help -- I going to try what you advised and see if it will help -- not sure why xpud won't connect to internet on gateway nor sony as it will on an HP Dimension 4700 -- again, much thank from papa50

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Roky. I hope you don't mind but I undeleted your post. It's still relevant and you spent a bit of time on it. PM any admin if you still wish to delete it also I think you may delete it again if you want.
    Don't pay attention to the Biker with his panties in a wad while he throws his toys while having a hissy fit,

Roky--- Greetings to you in PecosTx from a displanted LaredoTexan -- thanks for the help -- I going to try what you advised and see if it will help -- not sure why xpud won't connect to internet on gateway nor sony as it will on an HP Dimension 4700 -- again, much thank from papa50
    Greetings and Happy Trails to you papa50. Hopefully with a little luck we will get you connected. You picked a hard distro though for trouble shooting.
    Not a lot of Documentation on Xpud. Seems relatively new.