Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, Just installed CentOS 6.4 desktop 64bit. Sound is working. But I can't figure out how to activate login and logout sound. GNOME Login Sound has been checked on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

About sound

Hi all,

Just installed CentOS 6.4 desktop 64bit. Sound is working. But I can't figure out how to activate login and logout sound. GNOME Login Sound has been checked on "Startup Applications Preferences". Where is the option on Preferences?

Neither I could find the solution on googling. Pls help. Thanks

Besides
    -> Desktop effect
    Code:
    Accelerated 3D graphics is not available
    Motherboard:
    ASUS M5A97 Pro

Video card;
    ASUS DI-A6570G1 HD6570 PCI-E 1G DDR3

Whether I need to replace the video card? Any recommendation on a card of entry level? TIA

B.R.
    satimis

Linux Newbie
    Hello satimis. I've never used CentOS (but I'm planning to). You probably know this, but no high-end video hardware is necessarily required on a server-like distribution if it is mainly intended for that and .

Nevertheless, I believe ATI has drivers available from their website. In fact, here you can download the proprietary driver for a 64 bits Linux system with an AMD Radeon HD 6xxx series card.

I'm not sure how compatibility work, but I would definitely recommend you to install stable release, currently dated 1/17/2013.