Find the answer to your Linux question:
I created a live cd and got this error, I burned another cd at lower speed and still got the same error, did a live Usb after formating that usb ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[Errno 5] Input/output error during Back Track 5 R3 install

I created a live cd and got this error, I burned another cd at lower speed and still got the same error, did a live Usb after formating that usb and wiping out free space, i then used Unetbootin to create the live usb and still got this error, i also tried:
    - shuting down the pc to cool down and retried later
    - checking md5sum and it was correct
    - downloading the image direct&torrent,from different sources and all checking their md5sum (they all matched)
    - dskchk
    - memtest
    - different rams (tried 4)
    - typing "ubiquity --no-migration-assistant" into terminal
    I also tried keeping the mouse pointer moving during install... Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

The entire error:

[Errno 5] Input/output error

This particular error is often due to a faulty CD/DVD disk or drive, or a faulty hard disk. It may help to clean the CD/DVD, to burn the CD/DVD at a lower speed, to clean the CD/DVD drive lens (cleaning kits are often available from electronics suppliers), to check whether the hard disk is old and in need of replacement, or to move the system to a cooler environment.

Linux Guru
    Have you tried any of the CDs on a different computer/CD drive? Tried on a different hard drive? Did cleaning the drive lens make any difference?

Just Joined!
    If the CD or the lens were the problem why did i get the same error using a live usb?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close