Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear all I'm really new to Linux Felt very stuck on the windows treadmill : Win 8 made me really run : I wanted to change to a light weight ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DSL Linux. 1. Unable to detect wifi. 2. Mouse not working

Dear all

I'm really new to Linux

Felt very stuck on the windows treadmill : Win 8 made me really run : I wanted to change to a light weight Linux

I have made a bootable flash drive ( using live Linux USB ) and it boots on DSL

I'm really overjoyed to see an entire OS being just 50 mb or so

It is just fantastic

However I face the following problems . I'd be greatful if someone could help

1. When I boot with The DSL flash drive, I am unable to connect to wifi / net. I am half dead there !!

2. When I boot .... I am unable to use the mouse . This itself is not a great problem but having a mouse would be a great help

3. I am unable to see libre office or similar and suppose I have to download those somewhere ? The xl like app in this distribution doesn't work

Any tips / pointers would be most appreciated

Regards

DSL E

Your gear was made later than DSL kernel was Made.

Win 8 made me really run :
    Heck, I am not sure if Tiny Core kernel will recognize your hardware but it is the successor to Damn Small Linux, is current, and supported.

If me. I would dump Damn Small Linux off of the pendrive and try Tiny Core instead. The site I linked to has screen shots and how tos in their wiki that are current. Slitaz is another option that is a small download distro you could try also.

The more recent a kernel. The better hardware support out of the box will be had.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home