Find the answer to your Linux question:
Where can I find the base configuration file for the default Yoper kernel? I have just installed Yoper, and find my parallell printer (Lexmark 4039) is not detected. I struck ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Solved default kernel config in yoper

Where can I find the base configuration file for the default Yoper kernel?

I have just installed Yoper, and find my parallell printer (Lexmark 4039) is not detected. I struck this in Gentoo and it was due to parport support not being built into the kernel.

I suspect my present fun with Yoper is due to the same cause, but could not find the ./config file in the usual place. Compiling another kernel to include parport support is starightforward enough, but is easier if one has a base config file to start with.

BTW, I will post a simple "How I did it" which may make things easier for all those folks having trouble with LILO, GRUB and MBR'S shortly. I had to install and reinstall Yoper several times before it would boot, and, as usual, the solution when found, was simple.

yoper doesn't have the kernel sources installed by default. you'll hafta either fetch one from http://www.kernel.org or get one with apt

Just Joined!
    I realise that, but it would be handy to know what the existing ./config file contained, as this would save considerable time. If it does not include parport support it is then a simple matter of changing that, rather than having to go through every option in menuconfig.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

problem solved re parallel printing

I found the answer here:
    http://www.yoper.com/forum2/index.ph...55&#entry23655

at the yoper forums.

Couldn't work out why my old reliable 4039 wouldn't work in yoper, but this seems like the answer