Find the answer to your Linux question:
So... As you guys are having fun troubling shooting the dependices of the dependices of application you trying to get working, I'd thought I'll throw out a thread which hopefully ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lightbulb Needing a logo for my indie distro

So... As you guys are having fun troubling shooting the dependices of the dependices of application you trying to get working, I'd thought I'll throw out a thread which hopefully won't result in broken computer parts, and holes through brick walls ;D

I need a Logo for my indie distro.

I've entitled it "Humbell" - a twist of the word Humble...

I use to have a default logo of come stacked squares which were just crap... now looking for something which reflects linux as a whole while being personal to my distro...

So...

Throw some ideas someone...

Did you know that the fundamental note of a bell is called the hum note? You can hear it as a quiet deep hum well below the apparent frequency, which is actually a complex overtone.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    Did you know that the fundamental note of a bell is called the hum note? You can hear it as a quiet deep hum well below the apparent frequency, which is actually a complex overtone.
    that is quite clever, hazel!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    That is pretty cool.
    Maybe the logo could be a music note?

I have done some simple vector drawings on inkscape of a butterfly, as butteryfly's are free and linux is all about free computing the "Freedom to do..."

Also have been thinking of a bell with a bee black and yellow stripe pattern... Humbell - Bumble (Bee) - sounds kinda similar? Plus I love bee's ^_^

Was thinking of a different name entirely... MEGAnet - but it has strong authoritativeness. MEGAbuntu - someone have to make a ubuntu distro called that...

It's all just fun and games. At the mo the distro is like a replica of a Win7 desktop :

Screenshot-2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by naf456 View Post
    That is pretty cool.
    Maybe the logo could be a music note?

Also have been thinking of a bell with a bee black and yellow stripe pattern... Humbell - Bumble (Bee) - sounds kinda similar? Plus I love bees ^_^
    Here's another pun for you. Bumble bees actually used to be called humble bees. That has nothing to do with humility; it comes from their German name hummel, which (surprise, surprise!) is derived from the deep humming noise that they make in flight.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com