Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MASONTX
I'm in one of the software centers for Bodhi and when I click "install now" for VLC it tells me that it needs to be installed with an application, problem ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

What application to install VLC in Bodhi?

I'm in one of the software centers for Bodhi and when I click "install now" for VLC it tells me that it needs to be installed with an application, problem is I don't know which application to use to install it with? HELP, PLEASE!

Seems like if I use Midori it doesn't ask for an application to install the software but if I use Firefox it does and now it also seems like Firefox install is broken or something. Go figure, LOL

Also, where are all the tool bars and stuff in Midori???

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You will have fewer problems if you use your distro's package manager, such as synaptic. I don't use it, but from command line I believe you enter apt-get install vlc.
    jayd512 likes this.
    Registered Linux user #526930

I did the apt-get install vlc but it didn't appear anywhere afterwards. I did finally get it to install using a package that had it along with a few other things in it and installed it through Midori.
    Another problem I'm having is creating folders on the desktop and opening folders I can create in my home folder. No simple right click and create a folder or double left click to open one that I can create. Guess they've got a few more bugs to work out.