Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, I download Back Track 5 R3 Gnome but after install open in text mode. And after search in Google: PHP Code: sudo apt - get install gdm  But the problem required ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Inquiry in BT5 R3 Gnome

Hello all,
    I download Back Track 5 R3 Gnome but after install open in text mode. And after search in Google:
    PHP Code:
    sudo apt-get install gdm 
    But the problem required internet and I don't have internet at time now in home.
    can download file external and install without internet and how can setup

As I mentioned in other thread of yours, GUI is default and instead of command line prompt, Graphical display should appear on boot up. Execute startx command at command prompt. What error message does it throw?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils casper View Post
    As I mentioned in other thread of yours, GUI is default and instead of command line prompt, Graphical display should appear on boot up. Execute startx command at command prompt. What error message does it throw?
    Thank you
    I apologize for adding two topics to the same problem
    But I new world of Linux and all the special topic issuing different so I wrote two topics

I write startx and have completed all the steps of language, timing, and has done Restart and login with root / toor.

But standing on the "root@bt:~#"

attach pic
    Attached Images Attached Images