Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been using Kali Linux for about a week, and I've been having problems with the keyboard. The Ctrl+Shift+something combination always trigger the Shift+something or Ctrl+something event instead of the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Kali Keyboard Problem

I've been using Kali Linux for about a week, and I've been having problems with the keyboard. The Ctrl+Shift+something combination always trigger the Shift+something or Ctrl+something event instead of the wanted event, but the Alt+Shift+something combination works fine.

I've been searching for solutions for this problem, and I found a similar case which happened to be the limitation of the keyboard. In that case, the keyboard always having this kind of problem on any distro and it's solved by changing the keyboard. My keyboard works just fine with Ubuntu though, so there should be no problem with the keyboard.

This problem makes it inconvenient to switching tabs in browser and creating new tabs in the terminal. Does somebody here have any idea why it's happening and how to fix it?

Just Joined!
    I've been trying to find out what's wrong on the keyboard input signal since yesterday and tried tinkering with the GNOME keyboard configuration with no satisfying result. I tried installing LXDE afterwards, and the keyboard works perfectly on LXDE. So I guess it's just a bug in GNOME and I'm switching to LXDE.