Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Install Win 7 and Win 8.1 with USB I worked through the Command Prompt. In Win 7 I tried to separate the files from DVD1 and DVD2 and then install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Install Win 7 and Win 8.1 with USB I worked through the Command Prompt. In Win 7 I tried to separate the files from DVD1 and DVD2 and then install on USB with UNetbootin. And as you saw, I did not succeed in doing so.
    I will try with FCIV. Sorry SRO harass you with my problems. Thank you very much!

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by pribon View Post
    Install Win 7 and Win 8.1 with USB I worked through the Command Prompt. In Win 7 I tried to separate the files from DVD1 and DVD2 and then install on USB with UNetbootin.
    you should technically be able to merge the contents of ISO files, as long as you recreate the combination as a valid ISO9660 file, and all the proper files are for the CentOS Installer to be happy. This is not as easy as it sounds, though.

I will try with FCIV.
    just keep in mind that FCIV will only verify that the file was downloaded correctly, it doesn't actually do anything with your ISO or the USB drive.

Sorry SRO harass you with my problems. Thank you very much!
    hey, that's what we're here for!

I know! However, relieving you of your free time. Windows 8.1 iso Uspeo sam prebaciti na USB sa WinToflash. With UNetBootin as LinuxLive USB creator could not

Trusted Penguin
    see this discussion which specifically refers to your "Missing ISO 9660 Image" problem. see if you can follow the instructions, and perhaps it will work for you.

When installing CentOS DVD1 with USB in the process of partitioning occurs error
    The installer has tried to mount image #1, but cannot find it on the hard drive. Please copy this image to the drive and click Retry. Click Exit to abort the installation.

Once the base install is done, you can install whatever packages you need off the internet. If you don't have access to the network, you can always drop the DVD iso images onto the local hard disk, mount them to the filesystem and do package installs from there.

This means you only need to boot CentOS from the live CD or DVD, which comes with an install to hard disk option. With that in mind you only need to do this:

1. Download the Live CD or Live DVD from here: Index of /centos/6/isos/x86_64, or from any of the Centos public mirrors.
    2. Make a live usb using the .iso you just downloaded with the Fedora live usb creator which will work with pretty much any live DVD or CD .iso or .img image (and has a Windwos version available)
    3. Boot up off the USB stick and do the install after you get to the live CD desktop.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

From here I took DVD1.iso and DVD2.iso. The CentOS-6.4-x86_64-LiveCD.iso I installed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2