Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recieved my computer from a friend who had Knoppix installed on the hard drive. I used this for a little while but decided install ubuntu because it has more ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trying to install Ubuntu fail need help to fix

I recieved my computer from a friend who had Knoppix installed on the hard drive. I used this for a little while but decided install ubuntu because it has more support. First i tried making a live usb but my computer won't boot from it. So i went back into Knoppix and searched for a tutorial on how to install Ubuntu without using a cd or usb , the website i found suggested i use Unetbootin. When i installed it i followed the tutorials
    instructions but hadn't realized that it was meant for a non-linnux based OS . While it was installing it asked me if i wanted to override files and i clicked yes. Then i rebooted and now neither Knoppix or Ubuntu will boot.Right now i am using damn small linux on a live cd i made and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to install ubuntu correctly without a usb or cd .i read something about Lubi? Can i use this to install Ubuntu without a cd or usb?

-Thanks to anyone that can help

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Unetbootin has both Windows and Linux versions (I use them both). Since you have DSL on a CD, boot that and then use Firefox to go back to the Unetbootin page on SourceForge.net. Download and install the Linux version, and then run it, installing to your USB drive the distributions you want to try.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!