Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have been working on centos5.9 server for running a social website and centos by default has sendmail.mc file in mail directory. but i have changed some configuration to fix ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Where Can I Get Sendmail.mc File for CentOS 5.9 ?

i have been working on centos5.9 server for running a social website and centos by default has sendmail.mc file in mail directory. but i have changed some configuration to fix the " reveived from (apache at localhost) " error which causes my email go to spam folder... after changing a couple of configuration , i still can't solve the problem and i think i made some mistake in configuration file and so i uninstall the sendmail and removed the sendmail.mc file.. i thought sendmail.mc file come together with sendmail installation and so i removed the previous one. but after reinstalling sendmail , there is no sendmail.mc file coming and newly installed sendmail does not even work anymore... and i don't know where to get the sendmail.mc file for centos 5.9 ... so, could anyone please points me how can i get sendmail.mc file for centos 5.9... the main problem is default sendmail.mc file is deleted by my stupidity... thanks...

Just Joined!
    Hi,

By whatever you have mentioned in the post, you want to retrieve the default sendmail.mc file which for some apparent reason is missing even with reinstall of sendmail.

Do you have the install media for CentOS 5.9? If you have, copy the sendmail package to your system. Assuming the package name is sendmail-8.13.8-8.1.el5_7.i386.rpm run the following command which helps determine if sendmail.mc is available as part of package ( it SHOULD be )

Code:
    rpm -qpl sendmail-8.13.8-8.1.el5_7.i386.rpm | grep sendmail.mc
    If you dont have the media, then there is an option with yum to only download the package but not install it. Commands:

Code:
    yum install yum-downloadonly
    yum install --downloadonly --downloaddir=<directory> <package>
    Create a temp directory, copy the sendmail package to that directory and then execute the following command to extract the contents of rpm package (Substitute sendmail-8.13.8-8.1.el5_7.i386.rpm with actual package name)

Code:
    rpm2cpio sendmail-8.13.8-8.1.el5_7.i386.rpm | cpio -idmv
    The sendmail.mc should be available in etc/mail in the above mentioned temp directory where you extracted the rpm

--Syd

Just Joined!

Red face Thanks a lot ... it works!

thanks a lot... it works!!!