Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just love how things work on the desktop and I can add to the desktop very easy. The thing I like the most its clean but needs help with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Why I like Pear OS 8

I just love how things work on the desktop and I can add to the desktop very easy. The thing I like the most its clean but needs help with the security.

Linux Engineer
    What sort of security issues?

I like Point Linux 2.2 for the same reason, easy to do stuff on the desktop. Also, once you use Tweak Tools to tweak GNOME 3 you can do stuff on the desktop as well so it's just as functional as MATE/GNOME 2 IMHO.
    I think it's pretty much what you get use to using. For me GNOME(either 2/MATE or 3) IS Linux, the two go hand in hand. As always, that's JMHO, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by pcxman View Post
    I just love how things work on the desktop and I can add to the desktop very easy. The thing I like the most its clean but needs help with the security.
    In case you didn't hear the news Pear OS was sold to a mystrey company and is no longer available for download. There are rumours Apple was behind the purchase of Pear OS, which makes sense that's how big companies work to kill off competītors.