Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am new to Kali Linux. And facing the difficulty of adjusting the screen brightness. Please help me to fix this bug. Thank you. Regards, Tharaka...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trouble adjusting the screen brightness on Kali Linux

Hi,
    I am new to Kali Linux. And facing the difficulty of adjusting the screen brightness. Please help me to fix this bug.
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Tharaka

From the main desktop, click on the username displayed in the upper right corner. In the drop down menu that appears you will see a menu item called "System Settings..." select that. In the settings dialog that pops up you should see an icon for "Brightness and Lock", select that.

Just Joined!
    I am having the same problem. New install of Kali but the screen is so dark it's pretty much impossible to read. The dim trick noted above doesn't make any difference. Any other suggestions? According to the mint install my display is Intel GM965/GL960

Also make sure that your automatic screen adjustment is disabled in BIOS if your computer has this feature. I know on my laptops one of em' had it enabled and every time I moved to block the sensor from the light the screen would dim then it'd brighten back up when I moved away from it. I went into BIOS and disabled it and now things stay put.
    "Now, what y'all wanna do?
    Wanna be hackers? Code crackers? Slackers
    Wastin' time with all the chatroom yakkers?
    9 to 5, chillin' at Hewlett Packard?"

Just Joined!
    I found, if I went with Kali 3.12 it was fine. As soon as I updated to 3.14 the screen dims to almost nothing. I am able to change the /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness from 255000 to 245000 and it's great. But after a screen sleep it goes back to unviewable.