Find the answer to your Linux question:
Been looking at a couple three Distros that I've burned to DVD to put into my DVD case. ArchEX with LXDE desktop, looks interesting, I'd need to plug in the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

TAILS, WattOS R8 and ArchEX.

Been looking at a couple three Distros that I've burned to DVD to put into my DVD case. ArchEX with LXDE desktop, looks interesting, I'd need to plug in the ol' ethernet cable to get a connection until I could do the install and add my wifi to the mix.
    WattOS R8 which is now Debian based and has a couple choices for desktops, I went with MATE and it looks good. Easy wifi connection and looks like a worthy addition to my Debian based collection.
    Finally TAILS 1.0. With the XP Look it really does look a lot like XP. I know it's not meant to be an actual install onto a hard drive but still, I could see someone moving from XP to TAILS as an installed OS and getting a lot of use out of it. Not sure if they're using Xfce or MATE for the desktop, kind of looks like MATE since you can add the retract arrows to the panel.
    TAILS has a lot of cool stuff installed that'd keep you secure on the web and being Debian based you could download quite a bit of software to make it a useful Op System.
    I think all three are decent enough, had to do a "startx" at the root prompt in ArchEX to get the desktop started but that's not a huge deal and I'm not sure about installing it since I don't know what they'll use(cfdisk, gparted, or ???) to format the drive. I'm sure WattOS and TAILS would probably use something similar to the Debian or maybe the Ubuntu installer so they'd be an easy install.
    At least all of them booted and worked from the DVD which is always a good sign. Anyway, if anyone wants to play around with some new Distros give one of these three a look or heck, look at all of them since they're free to download and play with. That's why I really Love Linux, you can try it before you "buy" it so to speak.
    "Now, what y'all wanna do?
    Wanna be hackers? Code crackers? Slackers
    Wastin' time with all the chatroom yakkers?
    9 to 5, chillin' at Hewlett Packard?"

Well, just like I figured ArchEX was a no go for install. So far the only Arch based Distro that'll work for me is Manjaro and I know a lot of folks say "Manjaro isn't Arch", well, it's Arch enough for me,LOL.

WattOS R8 installed easy enough but even with the i686 version it only activated one core of my Core Duo processor so for me it's a no go as well.

Tails, well, it's not really meant to be installed so there ya' go.
    Need to get off here and hit Distro Watch to see if I can find a Distro to play around with.
    "Now, what y'all wanna do?
    Wanna be hackers? Code crackers? Slackers
    Wastin' time with all the chatroom yakkers?
    9 to 5, chillin' at Hewlett Packard?"