Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi,ppl. I would like to know how to make a bootable iso for running in vmware.The iso file that I have made can be used in live usb perfectly,but when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help for packaging iso

Hi,ppl.
    I would like to know how to make a bootable iso for running in vmware.The iso file that I have made can be used in live usb perfectly,but when it comes to the vmware it shows this:"could not find kernel image vesamenu.c32" in vmware.
    The iso file shows bootable in ultraiso.I tried to clear the boot information by changing the boot information to isolinux.bin,but it did work.So anyone has idea how to fix it?Thank you.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What version of Linux are you running? Do you have K3b installed on your system (that is my preferred ISO build/burn tool). You say you built an ISO that can be used as a live USB. What are you using to build the USB - Unetbootin or something else? Have you tried it with VirtualBox instead of VMware?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    No,I don't have k3b.I use the ultraiso.the iso built cant be used on the vmware,and i don't have virtual box

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Each distribution has different techniques to build bootable ISO images that you can burn or use for installation in virtual machines like vmware or virtualbox. You should be able to find an FAQ for your distribution that will tell you how to build your own "distribution". I know that CentOS and Scientific Linux have such.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!