Find the answer to your Linux question:
A new release of MX-14 is available today and it's worth a look. A caveat is that it's 32 bit only; however, it runs just fine on my Core I-7 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Mx-14.1.1

A new release of MX-14 is available today and it's worth a look. A caveat is that it's 32 bit only; however, it runs just fine on my Core I-7 laptop. Very smooth, great hardware recognition, and lots of useful tools and features.

Link:

MX-14 "Symbiosis" | Mepis Community

I will download and install later on. You were right and I was wrong. I be a poet. But you would not know it. But my feet show it. Because they are , "Longfellers!"
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Linux Newbie
    While I am not well liked on their support forum, I still think this is a very good system. I actually posted links to the new 14.1.1 on a couple of forums I frequent. I guess me saying MEPIS is basically dead got me put on the ignore/insult list...

I remember the feelers hurt. Mom always taught me, "if ya got nothing good to say, then keep your pie hole shut!"

I never listened every time my Mom gave me good advice. But that one kicks in every once in a while in my head when I am posting in a thread.

You ruffled some feelers from some long time Mepis users. Being a Biker myself. When I play the a$$ hat. I do it with chin up and take the flak that
    comes with it. Sometimes you just got to keep your opinions to your self if it serves no purpose to state those opinions.

As I know myself cuz I have PO other members here myself also. Too Bad. So Sad. But Oh Well. I aint perfect either.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Linux Newbie
    The really hilarious part is that many of the things I said turned out to be perfectly aligned with the path they chose to take.

While I'm not a "biker", I have owned motorcycles continually for the past 40 years. I currently ride a Yamaha FZ1...

Installed and Triple Booting with wubi Puppy, Windows 7, and MX-14.1

Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Linux Newbie
    Looks like 14.1 was messed up as I thought. They really like me over there, not sure why I promote the system except that it's very good...

Quote Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
    Looks like 14.1 was messed up as I thought. They really like me over there, not sure why I promote the system except that it's very good...
    Water off of a Ducks back say I. Remember this thread I started over there that you replied in and one of the lead members replied to me

Have you had problems with paranoia in other areas as well?
    Then Here at this site as well

@roky It was ignorant of me to expect free help from the type of individuals who choose to use this terrible platform. Your generic advise didn't help and wasn't appreciated.
    I figure like me
    I currently ride a Yamaha FZ1.
    Your skin would get thicker and tougher being out in the weather like I am. It is really hard to my feelings. I gotta care. Which I do mostly because I support
    Gnu/Linux because it supports me. Ingrates or rude dudes? Not so much.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home