Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have just installed Crunchbang on my Desktop, and windows and menus appear incredibly enlarged. When I right click the context menu fills the screen, for example. My graphics card ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Huge UI elements in Crunchbang

I have just installed Crunchbang on my Desktop, and windows and menus appear incredibly enlarged. When I right click the context menu fills the screen, for example.

My graphics card is the Radeon HD 7790. I'm sure this has something to do with AMD's awful Linux support. I have the OS installed on a partition on an external HDD, so I booted the same install up on my Intel HD 4000 laptop and did not get this problem. I installed fglrx-driver through apt while it was booted on my laptop, but when I loaded it on the desktop this problem persisted.

I managed to open a terminal on the desktop, and - with great difficulty - ran xrandr, which said it was running at a 1280x720 resolution (My monitor is 1080p). when I ran aticonfig --initial on the destop it said it could not find a supported connector.

If you have any idea what's going on please help. Don't hesitate to ask any questions, I'll happily answer them to help get this
    resolved.

Edit: Here's a picture.

2014-08-25 23.55.37.jpg
    Last edited by Osterzone; 08-26-2014 at 09:53 AM.