Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Tails: Proxy server refusing connection

I am trying to get Tails to work. When I start the browser I get error messages: "proxy server is refusing connection. I have looked at Tails documentation and tried to find an answer through Google, but not finding an answer. I'm not sure what settings to change to resolve this. Appreciate help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    I am trying to get Tails to work. When I start the browser I get error messages: "proxy server is refusing connection. I have looked at Tails documentation and tried to find an answer through Google, but not finding an answer. I'm not sure what settings to change to resolve this. Appreciate help

Thanks
    on same network with another operating systems, you are able to connect to internet?

I am using Crunchbang on this network without a problem.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Tails is a debian-based linux distribution that routes all traffic through tor nodes. Are you dealing with a local proxy, or a tor proxy?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I'm not sure which proxy this is. I can run Iceweasel OK. In the network settings 'no proxy' is selected for connections.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    So, iceweasel is a firefox clone. You can run that ok? What is your other browser that you are having problems with?

I am having the same problem in tails proxy server is refusing connections any way you can help me please

-->
    Please don't hijack postings from a year ago. Post your question in its own thread, and tell us what errors you are getting. Just saying that the proxy server is refusing connections is not useful.