Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Angry Removing Zorin and Installing Windows - How?

How do I go about removing Linux Zorin from a PC in order to install Windows? I've got my WIN boot disc, but every time I reboot this laptop, it just loads Zorin. I've changed the BIOS boot order to read the CD-ROM drive first. No issues there. However, each time, it just loads Zorin - like it bypasses the disc. Normal for Linux? I can't even get to a command prompt a fdisk before Zorin loads. I don't have the Linux disc my family member used to load this OS. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

-->
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchie View Post
    How do I go about removing Linux Zorin from a PC in order to install Windows? I've got my WIN boot disc, but every time I reboot this laptop, it just loads Zorin. I've changed the BIOS boot order to read the CD-ROM drive first. No issues there. However, each time, it just loads Zorin - like it bypasses the disc. Normal for Linux? I can't even get to a command prompt a fdisk before Zorin loads. I don't have the Linux disc my family member used to load this OS. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
    I got it. I ended up creating a USB flash drive image. It loaded normally from that. Thanks!