Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

cant get internet access at starbucks

I just install POP_OS on my mac book pro and when i go to Starbucks to get access to the internet i get a page saying i have to connect to the network and i get a link to access the network but every time i click on it just reverts back to the same page but my wireless says im connected but im not. what do i need to fix this. on my MacOS it does the same thing but it connects me but not on linux. how can i fix this.

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy1245 View Post
    I just install POP_OS on my mac book pro and when i go to Starbucks to get access to the internet i get a page saying i have to connect to the network and i get a link to access the network but every time i click on it just reverts back to the same page but my wireless says im connected but im not. what do i need to fix this. on my MacOS it does the same thing but it connects me but not on linux. how can i fix this.
    ask starbucks. you dont tell us what browser your using, but the popos page says 'We’re building an OS for the software developer, maker, and computer science professional who uses their computer as a tool to discover and create."

so if your a devloper or other 'advanced" user, why cant you figure out a simple browser authentication problem?

Linux User
    -->
    Even if habit was a bit disrespectful, Pop OS is meant for computer science professionals, so you probably know more than anyone here. If you don't, then maybe you'd be better off installing something else more friendly.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

$spacer_open
$spacer_close