Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I started to do an install of Yoper but did not see an option to spread the install over more than one hard drive. I would like to put ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Partitioning help

Hello,
    I started to do an install of Yoper but did not see an option to spread the install over more than one hard drive. I would like to put my swap and home partitions on my hdb drive with my / and possibly a boot partition on hda. Is this possible with Yoper? Cannot find any information concerning how to do this with this distro, I just installed Mepis and could not find any way to do this on their distro either. Is it possible to configure LVM on Yoper? can't find any info on this either.

I know that you can do this with Linux because I have done this for years with Suse. I am looking for a new distro because I do not like the changes that have happened with Suse after Novel took over, just turning into another Microsoft. Looks like Mandrake is going the same way too.

Thanks in advance for your help
    Robert

When you are at the partitioning stage, there should be an option of where you want the swap file.

I use the same swap file for all of my distros. But they are all on the same hard drive.
    But I don't see why you couldn't just manually put the swap space and /home partition where you want it.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ