Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
I've actually found that I run the command against /mnt/ipod or /media/ipod as applicable and it's fine. It is silly that it's not implemented in GTKPod, or worse that SuSE ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I've actually found that I run the command against /mnt/ipod or /media/ipod as applicable and it's fine. It is silly that it's not implemented in GTKPod, or worse that SuSE 9.3 does not have any context menu for unmounting like Mandriva.

pir
    Just Joined!
    Hi!

I am new to LInux and am trying to connect my iPod to it. It don't want to connect when I try. Do you have any tips about where I can read about it?

I use Suse9.3 and connect it woth usb.

Some have had problems here. Check the results of running dmesg in a terminal after plugging it in. This thread here may also be of help.

Just Joined!

Synaptic

I'm not familiar with the synaptic tool, I've pulled up several synaptic search engines but when I typed in "Eject" there weren't any results and I couldn't find a reload button, and my ipod has a "Do not disconnect" even when it's off or disconnected, is this the same thing you guys are talking about?

If I can get a Link for synaptic that'd be great.

Synaptic is a front end for apt. This has nothing to do with iPod's.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!

Synaptic

I still am lost, I know synaptic has something to do with GTK but other than that I have no clue where to download the eject package...
    If I can get a walkthrough I can figure the rest out.

Stephen H.

Just Joined!

Simple Solution

The simplest solution to this problem is to run (as root):

chmod +s `which eject`

Now you can just right-click in nautilus and click eject.

Just Joined!
    Well with the thread here i have come across some very intresting comments posted by some. Here is a cool article that I found very informative and simple on Zolved.com hope it helps

http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_c...y_iPod_screen_

Just Joined!

get rid of "do not disconnect"

This is straight from Apple.
    How you get rid of "do not disconnect" from nano.
    pull up itunes on computer, connect ipod, you'll see that the ipod icon does not show up on the left side of itunes screen. Thats the problem! This is what ya do.
    Place the nano on table, push the center circle and the menu button at the same time and hold it until the apple appears on the ipod screen, then release it. It will flash to the scroll menu on the nano and may display "do not disconnect again" but dont touch it! Give it a few seconds you should see the ipod nano icon on itunes screen now( on the left). Now you can see the eject icon just to the right of the ipod icon, click that and your set.
    YAHOOO, I was about the take a hammer to it!

This is straight from Apple.
    How you get rid of "do not disconnect" from nano.
    pull up itunes on computer, connect ipod, you'll see that the ipod icon does not show up on the left side of itunes screen. Thats the problem! This is what ya do.
    Place the nano on table, push the center circle and the menu button at the same time and hold it until the apple appears on the ipod screen, then release it. It will flash to the scroll menu on the nano and may display "do not disconnect again" but dont touch it! Give it a few seconds you should see the ipod nano icon on itunes screen now( on the left). Now you can see the eject icon just to the right of the ipod icon, click that and your set.
    YAHOOO, I was about the take a hammer to it!
    This is a Linux forum and the problem is already solved
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast