Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just downloaded yoper nstall cd, version (yos-i686-2.1.0-4.iso), and i burned it and it booted fine, i was up to the partitioning the drives, and it came up with some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Partitioning problem

I just downloaded yoper nstall cd, version (yos-i686-2.1.0-4.iso), and i burned it and it booted fine, i was up to the partitioning the drives, and it came up with some program, and i kinda got it working, and i did all the stuff you need to know (i can't really be bothered writing a big explanation of what i did) and clicked on "Save changes" and, then it came up with a box and it was doing it, and after a while it worked, but it didn't go away, just stayed tere, so i closed it and it went back to the instalation, and i went next and it came up with a box saying "No linux partition found. Installation aborted", anyone know how to use that partitioning program to make it work, cuz i can't work it out.[/b][/code]

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    I too got the same message. When i checked on it, it seemed like, when it is not able to write to the partition u selected, then it gives such message Or when the partition has some other linux installation present.

In my case, it was RED HAT linux 8.0 was installed on already existing linux partition.

What i did was,
    using cfdisk
    ( a utility which gives a menu driven GUI)
    [u can also use this if u type "cfdisk" at prompt, during yoper installation],

i deleted ( "`D`elete" option in cfdisk) my old linux partitions which was /dev/hda3 (linux home, filesystem type 0x82 ) and /dev/hda4 (linux swap partition , filesystem type 0x85) , which gave me free space of 3664.64
    Then, i again, i created 2 partitions for Linux home and Linux swap of original sizes ( i.e. partition sizes of deleted partitions).

And selected "`W`rite" in cfdisk.
    This wrote the partition tables, it also gave warning, that if i had changed DOS6.0 partition, then there might be problem.

After this, i went to prompt ( once it didn't brought me to prompt, so i pressed cancel on the screen seen, it brought me to prompt, by aborting the process), and typed "yoper" to start the process again.
    But by the changes made, as above, this time yoper installation was complete without any problem.

So your saying, delete my old partitions and make the same ones again?, can i do that with the graphical program when i get to it, oh well i'm just gonna go try it anyway

edit:
    nope didn't do anything different at all >:[

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    I would think that if you just use the cfdisk from slackware 10.2 ( saw ur distro :P) then just come out of that, after it has changed the partitions, and install yoper.

Just Joined!
    I have the same "no linux partition found..." problem

I think the installer is actually looking for another partition not only to install /home but also the / directory. to solve the problem, what i did is i use cfdisk and create three partitions, one for /home another for / and the swap partition on cfdisk. after doing that the installation continues and i am amazed with yoper smoothness! really(well, maybe i never did tried KDE that much)!