Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i am getting a trust 445A modem/router and would like to use it with yoper. Does anybody know what needs to be done to install this device? thanks, alec...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

trust 445A installation

hi

i am getting a trust 445A modem/router and would like to use it with yoper. Does anybody know what needs to be done to install this device?

thanks,
    alec

Linux Enthusiast
    The ADSL part of the device should work just as it always has. To make it work with linux, you need to have a working network card. Once that is done, if you have left dhcp active on the router then just run

Code:
    $dhcpcd eth0
    assuming your network card is set up as eth0.

The specs page (http://www.trust.com/products/produc...r=13521&show=1) says there is a USB connection that can be used as a network device, but it is for windows only. It may be possible to use this one too but there are no guarantees. If you want to set this up then we can try and help you but it might take some trial and error.

If you are having problems setting up your network card then can you post the model of card you've got and we can help you out.

Hope that helps,

Chris...
    To be good, you must first be bad. "Newbie" is a rank, not a slight.

Just Joined!
    thanks, i already have a network card built into the computer so hopefully i wont need to set that up. is there anything special that has to be done to get the switch to work for swapping files?

Linux Enthusiast
    That depends on where you are swapping files to/from. If you are planning on connecting to another computer on your network then you shouldn't need to do anything, all the setup will be done on the computers that are actually swapping files.

If you want to swap files with computers on the Internet then you may need to do some setting up depending on the file transfer protocol you are using.

If you give us more details then we can help you out.

Chris...
    To be good, you must first be bad. "Newbie" is a rank, not a slight.

Just Joined!
    ok. the only file sharing over the internet might be using bittorrent to download the latest yoper iso