Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I am trying to install Xandros for a nix n00b and I keep getting to 90% where it is unpacking the config settings and its just stops at 90%. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Xandros Problem Installing

Hey, I am trying to install Xandros for a nix n00b and I keep getting to 90% where it is unpacking the config settings and its just stops at 90%. I have no idea why it is doing this. I have used 2 different image files for it thinking maybe I burned a bad image. I have also tried the open circulation and the deluxe package. It does the same thing every time. I have no idea what to do. I have a Ubuntu LiveCD I could boot up and maybe reformat with fdisk. Do you think that would effect anything? Any ideas?

EDIT: I just realized maybe this should be in the installation board. Sorry abotu this mods. Move it if you would like. Just realized this.

Linux Guru
    Got to ask the obvious questions - How big is the hard disk, and what are the machine specs?

Lol. Whoops! Sorry about that! N00b moment. Anyways, the hard drive I am installing it on is a 40 gig. It has a stick of 512 RAM and a stick of 256. That is really all that pertains to the problem. Any ideas?

Just Joined!
    Did you ever find a solution to this?

Lol. This is from a LONG time ago. :P I now run Ubuntu. Problem solved! :P

Just Joined!
    I think that's the way I'm going, too. Thanks.