Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, i installed firestarter as a firewall. then i heard than you need to turn Guarddog off for it to work. Ok, so i went to the GD ver. 2.5.0 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Guarddog is blocking my firestarter?

Ok, i installed firestarter as a firewall. then i heard than you need to turn Guarddog off for it to work. Ok, so i went to the GD ver. 2.5.0 with my KDE 3.5.1 build and "disabled" it. but the APPLY button is greyed out when i try to apply....no workee!

So in the command line, i ran GD ver. 2.5.1 in the "root" and that one will "apply"!

Can someone tell me if the OLDER/and or NEWER version is in the way of starting firestarter?

All i know is that firestarter says it won't start.....thx :

Just Joined!

let me ask a dumb question...

why are you trying to run two firewalls? Both Guard Dog and Firestarter do roughly the same thing (front end to iptables, more or less).

You should pick which one you want to use and uninstall the other one.

Good luck

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by richfiddler11
    why are you trying to run two firewalls? Both Guard Dog and Firestarter do roughly the same thing (front end to iptables, more or less).

You should pick which one you want to use and uninstall the other one.

Good luck
    thanks for the response( took ya long enough ) i went with guarddog. Firestarter was a pain in the ass......anyway, i'm happy now!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close