Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
i have been booting from a cd. i tried two different boot file, one that simply boots from the cd straight away, then one that boot's from the cd, treating ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

i boot from cd

i have been booting from a cd. i tried two different boot file, one that simply boots from the cd straight away, then one that boot's from the cd, treating it as if it were a cd.

Just Joined!

Exclamation well now

i have tried a few different things. i have tried to boot from a floppy, the actual cd itself using a bormal boot image and a floppy emulator image. i have tried it on 2 different computers an old system with a floppy drive, booting from the floppy and with the actual cd. i have also tried it on a dell inspiron laptop but only straight from the cd, as this computer does not have a floppy drive please help!

Just Joined!
    have you tried a fresh download? maybe your .iso is currupted.

I would, espescially since it's only 50mb, do a fresh download and burn the .iso image to a fresh cd.

Maybe they also have a checksum error check? I don't remember, some distros do that, i haven't used it yet.

you may want to try the download from a different mirror, if there's a choice.

If you have problems running it on more than one system, and they're less than 5 years old, then maybe it points to a problem with the boot cd.

also, if you get the command prompt, can you log in? and if you log in, can you access any of the file system, by ls ?

Just Joined!

ehhmmmmm

well i cant use the command prompt so i havent tried anything there, i think i will just d/l the .iso image again thx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2