Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: Vector Linux

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Vector Linux

So Im a newbie to linux, last night I downloded Vector linux 5.1 NOT SOHO. I can't seem to burn the disc, can anyone recomend a free program to burn the disc? I can boot on the disc, vector linux comes up but then it says it cant find somthing. So I need a program and if vector linux is not good for newbies a distro.

Im getting err=2 invalid compresed format

Im in setup but there is somthing wrong with veclinux.bz2. I have downloaded twice and burned 3 times, please help.

4. $spacer_open
    Knee deep in Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Try burning using deep burner. Assuming you are using Windows.

Just select "burn iso"
    Select "next"
    Make your choices,
    Selecting the burn speed, keep it low, 8x is good.
    If you want to learn more about linux take a linux journey
    Use CODE tags when posting output of commands. Thank you.

Just Joined!
    The disc is burnt too fast or you have some corruption on your hands. (with the iso)
    When I do music cds and os's I ALWAYS burn at 4x, I would go down to 2x lol but a lot of drives dont even support that anymore.
    I actually had this error before! I had to swap an old cdrom drive out of a coffin computer and swap a newer(actually refurb at frys lol) in and I got it to work. I burnt it too fast actually

I have downloaded VL 5.1 STD And SOHO editions, as long as you burn them as ISO you should be set. The first time, I just burnt a Data disk containing the ISO (Of course it didn't work!)

Did you ever get it to work?