Find the answer to your Linux question:
I would love to get crux added onto my hard drive. I have one hard drive. It has enough space for everything. How would I add crux and keep xp ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Crux Linux Helppppp

I would love to get crux added onto my hard drive. I have one hard drive. It has enough space for everything. How would I add crux and keep xp pro. So its
    gonna be a dual boot? correct? I wanna be able to chose which id like to boot at start up I guess. Or an alternative. I know there are guides. Also, prefferably without a disc.

oz
    forum.guy
    You'll need to install CRUX, then edit your /boot/grub/menu.lst file to contain a section for Windows XP. You can find example menu.lst files posted all over the web and there are lots of them posted on these forums so a quick search should yield one.

Have fun with CRUX!
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Oh, I should add that if you are new to Linux, you'll find that CRUX is not a friendly distro to start out with. That said, CRUX is a great distro for those familiar with Linux.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Yeah, I'm very new to linux. what should I start out with? Ubuntu? I ordered some live cds from them last night. Do you have aim or yahoo? I really dont know what I'm doing...haha.

oz
    forum.guy
    Yes, Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse, and Mandriva are all considered easy for new users. No, I don't do any instant messaging - got burned out on that early on.
    oz

Just Joined!
    All right. Do you know anything about primary and slave drives? I have another hard drive and this is would make it so easy, but my slave drive is connecting to the hard drive and therefore windows will not boot properly. And this hard drive can run linux, and the other windows. easier..

Just Joined!
    Woah...I just found this. http://marc.herbert.free.fr/linux/win2linstall.html

it has a thing called instlux. Is this for the same hard drive? or two hard drives?