Find the answer to your Linux question:
guys, hope somebody could help me: i have chosen to INSTALL vector's LILO in the sector (not MBR, bcause i want to use my slackware's LILO in loading vector) NOW, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

running Vector in Slackware's LILO

guys, hope somebody could help me: i have chosen to INSTALL vector's LILO in the sector (not MBR, bcause i want to use my slackware's LILO in loading vector) NOW, after i have chosen to install vector on /dev/hdc12 (this is the name of my ROOT drive of vector) the message was : successfully installed . . .so i edited my lilo.conf in slack adding :

other = /dev/hdc12
    label = vector linux

but after saving and rebooting my PC, I STILL CANNOT SEE THE LABEL OF vector in my LILO...

have i missed something?
    P4 1.8, 1G DDR ram, 64mb GF2 MX400, 80G WD and 40G Maxtor, ECS mobo. Playing XP,Slack 12.0 and Vector Linux 5.8 GOLD, STD 6.0 Zenwalk 4.6.1, OpenBSD 3.9

Vector uses the 2.6 kernel, yes? Then you need to point to the initrd in the very same way the initrd is pointed to in Slackware. Check /etc/lilo.conf. After making the necessary changes, run:
    Code:
    lilo
    as root.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Linux Newbie
    hmm, right I MUST BE IN THE /sbin directory before doing :

lilo -v

thanks sir
    P4 1.8, 1G DDR ram, 64mb GF2 MX400, 80G WD and 40G Maxtor, ECS mobo. Playing XP,Slack 12.0 and Vector Linux 5.8 GOLD, STD 6.0 Zenwalk 4.6.1, OpenBSD 3.9