Find the answer to your Linux question:
Am a newbie trying out linux for the first time with Linspire 5. I have just downloaded Opera for Linspire and nothing has happened. I can't even find the directory ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Opera

Am a newbie trying out linux for the first time with Linspire 5. I have just downloaded Opera for Linspire and nothing has happened. I can't even find the directory where the download has disappeared. Please help

Shiv Kumar

Linux User

Installing Opera

Hi Shiv Kumar,
    The file name of the package of Opera for Linspire should have "Opera" in it along with the version number and the processor architecture name, you can use "find" command to locate it. Also it will be a .deb package.

So, to find where it is located, just search for *.deb with the name opera by running the following command in the shell : -

find ~/ -name '*.deb' | grep -i 'opera'

Once, you find where it is located, you can go ahead and install the package. You need to be a superuser to install the package using dpkg. So become root and then run the following command to install the package : -

dpkg -i filename.deb

With Regards,
    Thinker

Linux User
    Hi Shiv Kumar,
    Have you found where the Opera installation package is located and have you installed it?

If the answer is a NO for the first one, then download the package again (this time take a note where it is getting downloaded) and install it.

If the answer is a YES for both then please post a message saying that it is done.

With Regards,
    Thinker

Quote Originally Posted by scanER
    download debian 3.1 r2 sarge ...stop being a wuss lol
    We really don't need these kinds of posts. A little humor is fine but this is someone asking for help and these comments do everything but help. Please refrain from these type of comments. If you want to chat then use the coffee lounge.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Just Joined!
    actually, I am still grappling with other installation issues. so will worry abt opera later

Just Joined!

Flash does not install on Opera 9

I have Ubuntu Dapper running. downloaded Opera 9 using automatix. but it doesn't have flash support. but flash downloaded from adobe does not install. Here's the following message:

Macromedia Flash Player 7 will be installed in the following directory:

Opera installation directory = /home/shivkumar/.opera

Proceed with the installation? (y/n/q): y
    cp: cannot stat `/home/shivkumar/Desktop/libflashplayer.so': No such file or dir ectory
    chmod: cannot access `/home/shivkumar/.opera/plugins/libflashplayer.so': No such file or directory

Installation complete.

what to do?

Shiv Kumar