Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: SOT Linux

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Arrow SOT Linux

Im new to the concept of Linux. I have found out about SOT Linux and would like to know everything anyone can tell me about Linux, what it is, how you use it, and espically if I can put SOT Linux on a portable flash drive.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    I wouldn't bother with SOT Linux since its no longer being developed.

Smile

OK so then can anyone tell me about a Linux that is easy and deals in the range of Media and Personization.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman18336
    OK so then can anyone tell me about a Linux that is easy and deals in the range of Media and Personization.
    You're going to need to give us a lot more detail before we can even begin to make suggestions. "Easy" is relative and every single person on this forum has a different idea of what might be "easy". What do you mean by "deals in the range of Media and Personization"?
    Registered Linux user #270181

Red face

Something that a newb could do easily w/o much help. Media reffers to a build that has a different start menu and is small. A plus is if it could go on a usb drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman18336
    Something that a newb could do easily w/o much help.
    That's a very hard thing to determine. Some newbies have no trouble with distributions like Mepis, others can't make heads or tails of it. Perhaps a better question would be "what do you want to do with this distro?"

Media reffers to a build that has a different start menu and is small.
    "Different" than what? How small? Puppy Linux is 45MB but isn't what most people would consider "new-user friendly", whereas there are lots of 1CD distributions out there that might work better.

A plus is if it could go on a usb drive.
    Puppy Linux, Knoppix, and Damn Small Linux all fit that description.
    Registered Linux user #270181

Talking

OK OK I see I've caused some confusion, so let me tell you all my plan. I share off my family's computer(for now) and I'm OK with that. I want a Linux that doesn't look much like any other OS. The reason it needs to be small is because I want to share this on a portable flash/hard drive. The only reason for media is because I like the media, entertainment, ect.