Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im new to the concept of Linux. I have found out about SOT Linux and would like to know everything anyone can tell me about Linux, what it is, how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Arrow SOT Linux

Im new to the concept of Linux. I have found out about SOT Linux and would like to know everything anyone can tell me about Linux, what it is, how you use it, and espically if I can put SOT Linux on a portable flash drive.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    I wouldn't bother with SOT Linux since its no longer being developed.

Just Joined!

Smile

OK so then can anyone tell me about a Linux that is easy and deals in the range of Media and Personization.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman18336
    OK so then can anyone tell me about a Linux that is easy and deals in the range of Media and Personization.
    You're going to need to give us a lot more detail before we can even begin to make suggestions. "Easy" is relative and every single person on this forum has a different idea of what might be "easy". What do you mean by "deals in the range of Media and Personization"?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

Red face

Something that a newb could do easily w/o much help. Media reffers to a build that has a different start menu and is small. A plus is if it could go on a usb drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman18336
    Something that a newb could do easily w/o much help.
    That's a very hard thing to determine. Some newbies have no trouble with distributions like Mepis, others can't make heads or tails of it. Perhaps a better question would be "what do you want to do with this distro?"

Media reffers to a build that has a different start menu and is small.
    "Different" than what? How small? Puppy Linux is 45MB but isn't what most people would consider "new-user friendly", whereas there are lots of 1CD distributions out there that might work better.

A plus is if it could go on a usb drive.
    Puppy Linux, Knoppix, and Damn Small Linux all fit that description.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

Talking

OK OK I see I've caused some confusion, so let me tell you all my plan. I share off my family's computer(for now) and I'm OK with that. I want a Linux that doesn't look much like any other OS. The reason it needs to be small is because I want to share this on a portable flash/hard drive. The only reason for media is because I like the media, entertainment, ect.