Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello...I am new to linux... I have downloaded Vector Linux SOHO 5.1.2 from their site and created a bootable CD from the ISO. The CD boots, and brings up a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Vector Linux SOHO 5.1.2 Install Help

Hello...I am new to linux...

I have downloaded Vector Linux SOHO 5.1.2 from their site and created a bootable CD from the ISO.

The CD boots, and brings up a full-running version running from CD. However, I would like to install locally to the hard drive. The setup menu does not appear during boot.

Please advise on the correct distribution for local install, or if there is another step I'm missing.

FYI - The machine currently has 1-hard drive without any partitions. It's blank and ready for a Vector install only.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Griz

I couldn't find exact info on wheather or not you can install vector with the live cd or not, but it seems you will have to get the install CD from here (select vlsoho-5.1.1.iso, not the 'live' variant):

http://www.vectorlinux.com/mod.php?m...u=12&page_id=4

Just Joined!
    Thanks...I realized my mistake after I posted, and have subsequently downloaded the 5.1.1 version for hard disk install.

Griz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by psic
    I couldn't find exact info on wheather or not you can install vector with the live cd or not, but it seems you will have to get the install CD from here (select vlsoho-5.1.1.iso, not the 'live' variant):

http://www.vectorlinux.com/mod.php?m...u=12&page_id=4
    Actually, I run that distro. If you download the Live CD release, you can install by opening a shell windows and issue the command
    Code:
    vliveinstall
    However, you must have your partitions ready when you do this... which can be arrange with the gparted or qtparted utility provided in the live cd