Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I run the Live CD, everything boots up fine. It says something like, "To get to the graphic login screen, press Ctrl+Alt+F7, or possibly Ctrl+Alt+F8." When I run the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Problem with login

When I run the Live CD, everything boots up fine. It says something like, "To get to the graphic login screen, press Ctrl+Alt+F7, or possibly Ctrl+Alt+F8." When I run the one with F8, it does nothing, but when I do the one with F7, my monitor clicks, and the screen goes black and stays black. Nothing happens. Whats wrong? I just want to install Mepis on the hard drive, how would I go about this, even if I cant get into the graphic screen and stuff? Why isn't it letting me get to the grahpic screen? Thanks.
    -Harland

hi TheBloodyMushroom !!

i think you have same problem as in this
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/red...blems-fc5.html
    thread... check this out ...

<=== { casper } ===>
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Ahhh, I figured it out. I just had to change the screen resolution. I felt stupid. Now, another question...What do I use to setup a network? What program?

Just Joined!
    Could you be a tiny bit more specific? Are you trying to run a server, or just connect yourself? If the latter, MEPIS comes complete with networking capacity (for Ethernet). Not that I've managed to install it myself, but it should bring up Eth0 or something like that; I've seen that line using Live CD.

If you want to run a server, I understand RedHat Apache is the world-class standard. Good luck!