Find the answer to your Linux question:
In a java application, I send a document to print to an already installed printer in the network (and when I send a test page from the computer, it does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Problems printing with java application

In a java application, I send a document to print to an already installed printer in the network (and when I send a test page from the computer, it does recieve and print it), but that document never reaches the printer and in the console I receive an error that looks like this:

java.awt.print.PrinterException: Printer is not accepting job.
    at sun.print.RasterPrinterJob.print(RasterPrinterJob. java:1230)
    at sun.print.RasterPrinterJob.print(RasterPrinterJob. java:1196)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.print.JRPrinterAWT.pri ntPages(JRPrinterAWT.java:186)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.print.JRPrinterAWT.pri ntPages(JRPrinterAWT.java:88)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperPrintManager.pri ntPages(JasperPrintManager.java:348)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperPrintManager.pri ntReport(JasperPrintManager.java:239)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.view.JRViewer$20.run(JRViewer .java:1090)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

NESTED BY :
    java.awt.print.PrinterException: Printer is not accepting job.
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.print.JRPrinterAWT.pri ntPages(JRPrinterAWT.java:186)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.print.JRPrinterAWT.pri ntPages(JRPrinterAWT.java:88)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperPrintManager.pri ntPages(JasperPrintManager.java:348)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperPrintManager.pri ntReport(JasperPrintManager.java:239)

NESTED BY :
    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error printing report.
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.print.JRPrinterAWT.pri ntPages(JRPrinterAWT.java:200)
    Caused by: java.awt.print.PrinterException: Printer is not accepting job.
    ... 5 more

I don't have any idea of why printing within a java application does not seem to work under Ubuntu and MEPIS. I have tried it under Fedora and it does work. I was just wondering if anyone had an idea on what might be happening with the printing and how to make it work. Thank you.

Just Joined!

Did you find any solution?

Hi, żDid you find any solution? If you did, please could you send me an email to donmiguelgt78@yahoo.es?

thanks!