Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I wasn't so sure which category to post this in but here goes: I'm new to Linux and I was installing DSL to a blank HDD, I get to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DS Linux

Hi, I wasn't so sure which category to post this in but here goes:
    I'm new to Linux and I was installing DSL to a blank HDD, I get to the point where it asks to assign a password but when I type nothing appears to happen onscreen.

I have used the keyboard throughout the setup process and I just can't get past the password stage

I use a live CD to setup:
    Apps > Tools > Install to Hard Drive...

It doesn't matter what I do it just doesn't let me type when it says to assign a password. (By that time there is no disk in the drive - it's runnng off the HDD to finish the installation).
    What's slightly wierd is that when it does the hardware detection before on that stage it desn't detect the keyboard even though it does work (I can press num lock etc as the lights light up).

Is there anything I can do to get this working?
    The keyboard is a PS/2 keyboard and I have tried with another PS/2 keyboard but with no effect.

Thanks in advance,
    Omar

Just Joined!
    It's ok, I installed Fedora Core 5 instead

Just Joined!
    For future reference...for security reasons, Linux does not show anything when you type in passwords. Just type in the pw carefully and hit enter...and should be golden.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close