Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Dell XPS T450 and I'm dualbooting SimplyMEPIS 6.0 and Windows 98SE. The only reason I ever use windows is for Outlook Express (Can't seem to get the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy Getting higher then 800x600 in MEPIS

I have a Dell XPS T450 and I'm dualbooting SimplyMEPIS 6.0 and Windows 98SE. The only reason I ever use windows is for Outlook Express (Can't seem to get the mepis mail utilities to work), and the higher resolutions. I can't get MEPIS to go any higher then 800x600! I went to the monitor config and changed it to Generic CRT with support for all the higher res's but when I restarted XORG and went to the desktop config, I can still only go up to 800x600! I can't find xorg.conf either. Please help me!

The file may be /etc/X11/xorg.conf or /etc/X11/XF86Config. Try adding your desired resolution at the end of the file under your default depth.
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Smile Thanks!

Thanks Juan Pablo! Found xorg.conf, changed resolutions. Trying it out now...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Thumbs up It worked!!

Thanks a million Juan Pablo! It worked! SimplyMEPIS is 5 times better in 1024x768! Thanks again!

Glad it worked
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums