Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just recently switched to Xandros and know absolutely nothing about Linux or Xandros. I like the ease of use and the graphics are superb, but I cannot get my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation New to all this-OS Xandros-Wireless Help!

I just recently switched to Xandros and know absolutely nothing about Linux or Xandros. I like the ease of use and the graphics are superb, but I cannot get my Airlink 101 card to work! Also, it wants me to scan for virus' every time I start. Also, it has a thing where it hangs (done it twice) while in the middle of exploring all the applications. Is there a magic trick (like ctrl-alt-del) for this OS that will stop an application that has stopped responding. I do have a manual...my God, about a week in the easy chair....hope there is someone who can help a Linux/Debian virgin.
    Last edited by ChrisinPlano; 10-15-2006 at 09:30 AM. Reason: forgot a word

If you want to find an application that is not responding, you can list stuff like that with the 'top' command, which gives you an interactive display. You can also use the 'ps' command, which lists processes; 'ps -ax' is good. Killing processes generally uses the 'kill' command, you can also use (with caution) 'killall'.

Check each of their manpages for details on how to crank the handle of these powerful tools.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/